images&stuff that inspire me...my names is Rocio...chilean... 24 years old.... visual artist... side blog so, i can't follow you back.
Sherlock’s bedroom Portraits, a Study (2 of 2)
DIMITRI MENDELEEV 1834 - 1907
- Seen here on Sherlock’s wall.
Dimitri Mendeleev was a Russian chemist, inventor and Doctor of Science widely known to be responsible for creating the Periodic Table of the Elements. At the time that Mendeleev created his table, not all chemical elements had been discovered so he left spaces within it along with predicted properties that they would have. He was successful in his predictions and when the elements were discovered they fitted perfectly into the spaces he had left in his table.
It’s obvious to any Holmes fan as to why Sherlock would idolise a man such as Mendeleev. Sherlock’s interest in the Periodic Table he created is made visible by his framed print of it also seen on his bedroom wall, here.
Mendeleev’s portrait on Sherlock’s wall was taken in 1897.
A high-res copy can be seen online here.
I’m going to move soon, and I found a lot of art supplies that I no longer use. I will be doing a giveaway, and hopefully someone else can use these supplies to make their own masterpiece!
Giveaway ends on Feb. 14th - I will randomly choose one person on that date.
- You DO NOT HAVE TO BE FOLLOWING ME!
- Reblog as much as you like (likes do not count)
- No giveaway blog!
- You MUST have your ask box open.
- I will cover all costs.
*Edit - My inbox, which is normally empty…has been flooded with all types of questions.
*No, I will not just give it to you. Unless, you are the winner, then of course.
*I WILL SHIP TO WHEREVER THE WINNER RESIDES.
Here is what you will get!
- 12 Simply Soft Pastels - they are all untouched EXCEPT for the green.
- An old unused Asian calligraphy set.
- Powders: Gold Bronze Powder (2 containers), Silver Powders (2 containers), Metallic Green Powder (2 containers), and one Metallic Blue Powder.
- Artist Spatula Set
- A Stencil Brush Set! Sizes are: 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”
- 5 Flat Brushes. Sizes are: 0”, 1/2”, 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”
- 2 Wash Brushes. Both are size 2.
- 4 Bristle Brushes. Sizes are: 2”, 3”, 4” (2) (2 of them are lightly used)
- 12 Round Brushes. Sizes are: 1” (2), 2” (2), 3” (2), 4” (3), 5”, 6” (2)
- 1 Shader. Size 2.
- 10 Liner Brushes. Sizes are: 10/0” (2), 6.0”, 0.3”, 0”, 1” (3), 2”, 4”
- Spotter Brush. Size 10/0.
Good luck! :)